Monday, November 19, 2012

11/19/12 - Weekend Highlights (and a Layout)

Good Morning!
 
So I noticed I didn't blog much last week.
This was unintentional yet somewhat intentional.
What I mean by that is that I didn't mean to NOT blog, but when I realized I wasn't blogging, I didn't go out of my way to remedy that.
The reason for this is as much as I like to talk about me and my family, which is a lot LOL, I don't want my followers to be bombarded by too much of "ME"...
Does that make sense?
'Yes', it is my blog...and 'yes', I can do whatever I want w/ it...but even I sometimes get tired of "ME"...hee, hee!
 
Okay well anyway, that explains my absence.
Hope you enjoyed the break ;0)
 
As for today I have a layout to share. One of the 4 layouts I mentioned last week that I couldn't share but I can share w/ you now. I created it for a challenge and since I posted it last Friday I can now share it here.
This was for the "Round Robin Challenge" over at SB.com.
I was #2 in the group of 4.
This is the layout I had to "lift": Marci's Layout
 
And here is my interpretation:

"First Day of School - Jr Yr"
 
I really had a lot of fun w/ this one!

I enjoyed using the Bazill Basics 4x6 journaling cards. As you can see I used them as embellies and as a place to anchor other embellies  instead of actually journaling on them. But I really like the look!
And lately I have been very much into clustering! Not only does it look good but it uses up those supplies a lot faster!
 
I still have one more layout from last week's mention that I can't share just yet...and I created another one yesterday, also for a DT challenge that I cannot share until the first week in December.  So...yes I've been scrapping, but I have no proof of this! LOL!
 
So as far as my weekend went, we went and picked out the family Christmas tree.
We go to a tree farm where we pick out the tree we want and pay for it and then it's reserved for us until we are ready to pick it up. When we are ready, we go back to the farm and the chop it down for us.  This is one of my husbands favorite things to do at Christmas.  I could care less what kinda tree we get, in fact I've been bugging him to get a fake one for years!  But my hubby says, "the kids need a real tree"...  I wonder how much of that is "he" needs a real tree, LOL!  He really gets into it! Do you know who Clark Griswold is?  From the National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation" movie? Well, that's my husband! I swear they created the character after him.  I on the other hand am the "Grinch"! Hahahahahahahaha!  It's a wonder we've been married so long!
 
Okay it's picture time!!!!
 

 
 


 
 
Here's my favorite:
 
 
 
The pics of my hubby and me are extra special because he hates taking pictures!
You bet I'm going to be scrapbooking those ones!
 

4 comments:

  1. Great photos! :) And great layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank goodness he is a "Mr." as I hold the Mrs. Griswold title!! LOL!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and love love love love your lo!!! Awesome colors and loving the title work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the page! Fun pics from the tree place too. Now you have to post pics of how Mr. Griswold decorates at your place!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...