Monday, October 29, 2018

10/29/18 - Goals for 2019 (Yes, Already)

Just checking in to say a few things...
First, it's almost the end of the year, wow!
I mean, really...WOW!

Realizing this is what lead me to write this blog post.
I'm already starting to think about next year and my goals...
Is there really a need to wait until "the New Year" to make goals?
I don't think so though I do feel like it would be better to implement them in the new year.

This is what is running through my mind currently:

1) I want to do Project Life in 2019.
Though at times frustrating, I did enjoy doing Project Life this year.
I like having a fairly up-to-date, more complete, look at my year.
Even though the year hasn't come to an end, I already enjoy looking through my almost completed album.
This was my first year and I learned a lot about the process in general and what I like and what works for me.
Also I would like to share my layouts more regularly on here.
I realized that though I am mostly up-to-date on my pages, I have shared less than half of them here.

I haven't decide 100% my plan of action for next year but the gears are turning!


2) OLW - Well, I picked one and I feel like I "lived" it...
But  as far as a project goes, it's not a "project" for me.
I will choose another word next year (or let it choose me) and I will make a page about it, but as far as any other pages about that same word, I just don't find the concept interesting enough to complete an entire album.
Instead, at the beginning of each year, I will complete a page about my word.
And hopefully at the end of the album I will have a page for every year I choose a word.
This way I have documentation of every OLW I have chosen over the years (like what you do w/ your tags, Cindy!)

3) I will respond more to comments left on my blog.
I never did it before because I didn't know if people actually checked back...
and then because I didn't do it I felt like I was rude for not doing it... LOL
I started responding w/in the last couple of months.
Not to every comment, but those I felt needed a response or were more "conversational" in nature
W/ that being said, I'd like to take a poll:
- (In general) Do you ever check back to see if there is a response to your Blog Comments?


4) I realized that despite my title of "Art, Books, and Randomness" I never once discussed books this year on this blog!
I keep track of my books on Instagram, but not here!
I am trying to think of a way to include reading in my blog next year...either that or change my content description, LOL
BTW - as of this post I have read 20 books this year.

Have you started thinking about your goals for next year, scrappy or otherwise?
If so I'd love to know about them, if you're ready to share!

10 comments:

  1. Doreen: Good for you to already begin goal setting for 2019!!! Have you ever done altered books? Either for showcasing doodling or trying different techniques? or junk journal style using a book base? I'm wanting to do more Bible art journaling that I guess would mix reading/studying a selected verse or section and being artistic with the page or area around the highlight. Just some thoughts about book-based crafting. And have you ever bought cheap $1 paper versions of classics or children's classics to use for embellishments for cards or layouts? I've got a New Testament that I've used and a copy of The Secret Garden, too, and like to do layered flowers with them. But would love to see you do some layouts of favorite books, characters, or authors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response. I have art journaled and have discovered... I'm not very good at it, LOL I tried a SMASH book in the past but just couldn't get a feel for it. Based on these answers, and what I listed above in my post (OLW), you see I've tried a lot of things but most of it didn't "stick"! ::smile:: But I think it's wonderful you're thinking of trying something new! You don't know if you like it if you don't try, right?! I say start planning now, to be ready for the new year... and don't forget to share ::wink::
      Oh, and I do include my books in my Project Life Spreads!

      Delete
  2. Wow. You are very organized! I just want to finish this year completing as many half done projects as possible.

    I respond directly to comments via email if the commenter links his/her blogger profile to an email address. Ot at the commenter's blog if he/she has one. Otherwise, I will just respond on my own blog comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY... I wish I was always so organized! Your goal is a good goal! I actually need to add that to my list myself, because except for PL ...which is mostly up-to-date, I have lots of unfinished projects! I may add that as a sub-category and call it "finish everything else", LOL!

      Delete
  3. I love your goals for '19!!! I can't believe we are at the end of this year already!! CRAZY!!!! I will check back if I have left a conversational comment -- if I remember! HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and HA! Make that one of your goals, JK! ;0)

      Delete
  4. I only check back for a response if I asked a question. I respond to comments on my own blog that ask a question, but otherwise rarely do.

    You have a fabulous list of goals here, though it is freaking me out a little that you're already thinking about this in October! I don't start thinking about it until mid-December at the earliest, mostly because that's when I have my act together for everything else and can finally give it some thought. Good for you for being ahead of the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never too early to plan goals :) good luck with PL and OLW.

    I seen a "book" that you can use to log your books that you read. (I wish I took a photo of the book--now I can't remember it). I mean I know you can make one, but it might be a bit easier and you can still decorate it.

    I sometimes check back at my comments if there is some sort of conversation, but sometimes I forget because old brain :/ I know there is the Notify Me button, but I forget to check that too hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to Know...and yes "old brain"...I feel you, sister!

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...