Tuesday, August 21, 2018

08/21/18 - CKC August / Project #6

Another layout using nothing but my August Counterfeit Kit
(as inspired by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog).
 
A 5x8 Travelers Journal/Jot Journal Page
for my Book of Me Album
 
 
 
"Perception"
Journaling:
"In Nov 2017 I seriously considered becoming a vegetarian. By Aug 2018 I pretty much was one. (I had already given up pork for Hamlet)"


Documenting my decision to become a vegetarian.
As the owner of a Farm Animal for a pet, it's kinda hard to shield yourself from the horrors of the meat industry. Knowing all animals have feelings and knowing what happens to some of them, the ones in the meat and dairy industry, and being such a HUGE animal lover like I am I just couldn't continue to live my life knowing sweet, innocent, animals were dying so I could eat.
Maybe you don't feel the same, and I'm not here to convince you otherwise, but for me... it's something I had to do. And I do share my views in hopes that others may convert but I'm not going to judge you if it's not the way you want to live, just please don't make fun of me for doing so (yes, I have actually been teased about it...by other adults WTF?!)

I have completely given up meat and am trying really hard to limit my dairy intake... making swaps when I can, that's a bit harder... not because I don't have the drive, but it's really difficult to find dairy-type items w/out dairy in them! I gave up Cows Milk over 3 years ago, and try to eat vegan ice cream a majority of the time, but otherwise, yeah not many options for other stuff yet, at least that I can find.

Design Details:
Other than the BG paper and the tag, which I cut in 2 and placed one-half at the top of the layout and the other-half at the bottom, every embellishment on here is a sticker/self-adhesive item (even the journaling spots).
The overall layout is very simple but I love the layers and mix of colors!

I'm hoping to squeeze out at least one more project from my August Kit before the month is up
 ::crosses fingers::


5 comments:

  1. Did the rest of the family go vegetarian when you did? I don't eat a lot of meat and could go vegetarian if I were living alone, but Trevor and especially Steve won't give up meat. I can get away with a few vegetarian dinners each week, but then they want meat. I admire your conviction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! But I don't eat much in general, unless it's a splurge meal, so I can get away with making my own small meatless meals without a whole lotta fuss. Also, Thank You!

      Delete
  2. I totally hear ya -- we aren't 100% vegetarian -- but we have cut back significantly. I love this page, that quote is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout and yay for you to change for something true to your heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...