Wednesday, April 27, 2016

04/27/16 - April "Round Robin" Challenge

Hi!
As you know I participate in a lot of challenges over at Scrapbook.com.
One of my favorites is the "Ugly Paper" challenge; I shared April's layout a couple of blog posts prior to this one: April "Ugly" Paper
I have another favorite called the "Round Robin" challenge.
I've also shared a layout from a past challenge on my blog: March "Round Robin" Challenge
 
Here is a brief explanation of the challenge:
 
"There are teams of 4 people, one person for each week, similar to a relay race. The person assigned for week 1 in each group will start their team off with a layout depending on what the specs and twist will be. Then the following week, everyone assigned to week 2 will lift off their week 1 team member and so on. It's fun to see how a lift progresses from the first week to the fourth."
 
I am sharing w/ you my creation for the April Round Robin challenge, but unlike the last time I shared, I am the last person on my team instead of the first.
In order to get an idea of what inspired my layout I will share the proceeding layouts as well.
The first 4 images were NOT created by me:
 
Starting Inspiration - Twist = Includes Negative Space:
 
Week #1:
 -Inspired by the colors of the original image-
Week #2:
Week #3:
 
 
Mine - Week #4:
 
"San Francisco  4.16-4.19/2016"
 Journaling:
"Alcatraz
Golden Gate Bridge
China Town
Fisherman's Wharf
Union Square
Pier 39 - Sea Lions
Boudin Bakery
Bay Bridge

Sight Seeing
Food &
Quality Time

Long weekend getaway
San Francisco 4.6-4.19/2016"


 

As I was writing this post I realized, tt's been such a long time since I've done an actual blog challenge.
I think it's because not only do SB.com Challenges keep me busy, but there is more traffic there than on my blog...
Participating in challenges were there is more/frequent interaction inspires me (obviously)!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Included in the following additional April SB.com Challenges:

>"Round Robin" - I am #4 (last week) for my team
*Includes twist of negative space

>"Four Categories" Challenge - Category #4 ~ Theme: April Showers
"Rain, baths, lakes, oceans, rivers, pools… Create a LO with at least one photo that has water in it. "
No Twist

>"Sticker" Challenge - I used 6
*Includes twist of using 4 or more stickers from the same package
-"Today" (with bridge)*
- Anchor *
-"Make Memories"
-"Great Times"*
-"#Snap"
-Polaroid Camera*

> "Hoarder" challenge - film strip washi tape
No Twist

>"Use Your Scraps" - The black paper is from my scrap stash
No Twist  
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos, the colors and the film strips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see your inspiration and what the others did with it. I really like your layout. And now I'm craving Boudin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors!!!! Great layout...I live an hour from SF and I have never been to Alcatraz--hope you loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...