Friday, October 17, 2014

10/17/14 - The Latest...

Hi All!
I hope life is treating you well!
Just wanted to stop by and say "hi" and share a few of my latest art journal pages and a little bit of what's been going on.
My first page was inspired by the fact that "October" is Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
 
 
"Find The Cure"
 
Besides the fact that it is an important cause, my mother is a Breast Cancer survivor.
That's why David, Madi, and I decided to participate in the Stater Brothers Charities Breast Cancer Walk this year.
We did the 5k and it was a lot of fun! Not only did we help raise awareness and money but we spent time together and it we did it while doing something healthy.
Unfortunately Joseph had to work.
 
Here's some photos from the event:
 
Before the walk started...
 
During...
 
Right before we crossed the finish line...
 
After we finished...
 
According to the an article I read on the internet: "this year’s walk brought in $475,000"
Awesome sauce!
 
 
 
The next one was to document the fact that I have gotten into the "Divergent" book series...thanks to my son.
We watched the movie together, and to be honest I didn't understand it all, so he suggested I read the book.
I did so, and I loved it; way better than the movie!
 
"Divergent"
I am currently reading the 2nd book in the series, "Insurgent".
In fact I started reading "Insurgent" on the same evening of the day I finished "Divergent"!
Unfortunately I have not been able to get through it as quickly as the first asI have not had a lot of time for reading lately...
I'll explain why later in this blog post.
 
 
 
This 3rd page was just for fun.
I love all things Peanuts and "I got a rock" is my favorite Charlie Brown quote.
It always makes me smile when I hear it: 
 
"I Got a Rock"

 
I have slowed down on my Art Journaling, not because I am "giving" up or don't enjoy it, but because I have been working on another big project.  A necessary project... a not-so-fun project (also the reason I don't have a lot of time to read):
 
The photo site I store and order my photos from, Winkflash, is closing at the end of this year.
Not really a big deal because I also store/order my photos from other online processing websites.
What is a big deal is back when I started ordering from them, I didn't have an external hard drive.
As a matter of fact I didn't know a whole lot about digital photos or digital storage.
So I just used the online site(s) as my storage areas.
It's great because it's free!
It's not-so-great when they close down like this.
I learned about digital storing and hard drives, and all that "stuff" a few years ago, and for the most part have been really good about backing up my photos, but w/ the closure of Winkflash, I decided to compare what was online to what I have stored. 
Because Winkflash was one of the first sites I used,  I do not have a lot of those photos on my hard drive.
So, for the past few months I have been using any downtime, which isn't a lot, to compare and download and save my photos...ultimately deleting them from the website.
W/ technology the way it is, you'd think, awwww...that's not so bad.
But here's my problem.
My e-mail address was incorrect in the Winkflash system, so I never received an e-mail on how to do it. I e-mailed them and called them but have received no response.  In fact it appears their phone number is no longer in service.  So what I have been doing is downloading and transferring each photo individually.
This is taking a lot of time since I have literally thousands of photos to save!
I don't know if Winklflash had a better system that they shared w/ their customers, of which I missed because of my incorrect e-mail address, but if they did, I sure wish I knew about it! The way I am doing it now is so tedious!
I have until the end of the year and I am happy to say that although I still have quite a few more to go through... I am almost finished.
 
After that is done, I REALLY need to go into my hard drive and organize ALL my photos into a better system.
I had thought of doing that anyway and had started when I found out about the Winkflash closure.
Luckily the organizing of my photos does not have a deadline...
But the sooner the better because I REALLY hate being unorganized!
 

4 comments:

  1. What a bummer about wink flash. Good luck

    Cute pages! Awesome cause to walk for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love your pages and your photos from the walk!! Looks like it was a great day!! Good luck with the photo transfer .... sounds like a pain :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journaling pages and enjoyed your pics. I read the first divergent book but was not drawn to read the second one! Not sure why. Let me know what you think when you finish (I did not see the movie).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That process sounds painful. Ugh. Good luck.

    LOVE your pages, as always. The Charlie Brown one made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...