Monday, July 7, 2014

07/07/14 - "Very Merry 2013"

Good Monday morning to you!

Whew I am exhausted!
I had a busy weekend!
Besides celebrating "Fourth of July" and taking care of the normal household duties, David and I have been working on our backyard.
We took down our kids old (very large) swing set/play structure about a month ago.
And after covering most of the leftover dirt area w/ sod, we are building a fenced-in garden area complete w/ raised garden beds and a drip system and a tool storage/work table. We are doing everything ourselves a little at a time every weekend.
David is doing most of the work, after all he is the one w/ the muscles (LOL) and the know-how, but I am helping as well. It's a lot of work and w/ the weather being as hot as it's been, it is quite draining! We are almost done though and we are very excited!
 
I never thought I'd be into gardening but I totally am!
About a month ago we purchased lots of flowers and plants, including 2 rose trees, for our front patio and ever since we brought them home they have been my babies!
Nice to have something else to nurture now that my real babies are pretty much all grown up!
 
Speaking of babies...here is a rare occurrence, a picture of me holding one!
We were at a friend's daughter's B-day party, another part of our busy weekend, and I was holding their new little one.
He was a cute, quiet baby...the kind I like, LOL, so I picked him up!
No idea a picture would be captured. 
The party was a last minute thing and I had no time to get ready, so I am not at all happy w/ the way I look in the picture.
But oh well, I'm not vain enough to hide it...
Besides, the baby and the moment that was captured are both cute enough to make up for it!
 
 
Anyway,  the reason for my post today?
I am sharing a layout I recently created.
I am sharing it for no other reason then because I am so excited to have scrapped again, LOL!
I created this for 3 Challenges over at Scrapbook.com:
"Christmas in July" -self-explanatory,
"July Hoarders" - Everything on my layout, except the journaling labels and title number stickers,  is approximately 10 years old (possibly older),
and
"Scrap Lift the Person Before You" - I scrap lifted this layout by Oleysa: 
 
 
 
 
"Very Merry 2013"
Journaling: "Christmas 2012 - Sparkle the Elf and Chuckles the Clown didn't get along.
That wasn't the case in 2013.
Sparkle even wanted a picture w/ Chuckles (and some other friends)
but Chuckles was still a bit cautious. 12.6.13"
 
 
As you can see mine is nowhere as "fancy" as hers but I'm just glad I was able to get another page done!
I had forgotten how much fun and inspiring the challenges are over at SB.com!
After a 4 month break I am enjoying reacquainting myself w/ the site.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute layout! You did a great job working in three challenges. The inspiration is there, but it's definitely your own take. I need to get scrapping. It's been so long and I really miss it. While I love summer break, it's terrible for my scrapbooking! Good for kids' crafts though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable even if it was impromptu! Adorable layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeee it! LOVING the big cirlce!!!!! And loving that photo of you and the baby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love how you work in so many challenges with each layout - that is so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...