Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10/9/12 - Weekend Highlights & DT Call

Good Monday...errr...Tuesday morning!
 
I'm a day behind.
This past weekend was a 3 day weekend for me. 
Thanks to Christopher Columbus, and the fact that I work for the County, I had Monday off!
Yay me!
  
I did a little bit of scrapping!
Funny I had a 3 day weekend but it seems like I had less time to scrap than on a regular 2 day weekend.
Here's the 2 layouts I made:
 
"Snoopy Halloween Decor"
(a scraplift from a fellow SB.com Member)



"Pretty Kitty"

 
 
 
 
The second layout was created using a Sketches in Thyme sketch and is my entry into their Design Team call. I have been out of the scrapbook world for a while and now I think I am ready to tackle being part of a DT again. I have been on 2 in the past and I enjoyed it very much! As a matter of fact Sketches in Thyme was one of them.
Here is the original sketch:
 
 
 
 
If you're interested in applying for the DT call as well here is the link: http://sketchesinthyme.blogspot.com/2012/09/time-for-design-team-call.html
It is open until October 20th.
 
Hope you had a good weekend and have a good week!
 
 





6 comments:

  1. I, too, despise pumpkin pie. But love every other pumpkin flavored treat. I think it's the texture - ick! Good luck on the DT call, and thanks for the link. I may check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My definition of "cooking" is a change in temperature ... therefore, heating a can of soup, or microwaving a frozen meal, is for me, considered 'cooking,' LOL!!! :)

    Great job on the layouts, and good luck on the DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the DT! I like what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sweet you had a date with your son...my nearly 16 year old hasn't gone to the movies with me since the 5th Harry Potter came out :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a busy weekend! So glad you're joining in our DT call at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Doreen! Just popping in to say congratulations and welcome to the team! LOVE the cool-tone color palette and fabulous patterns of your entry! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...