Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31/12 - Sunshine Blogger Award

Hello friends!
I have been awarded the Sunshime Blogger Award by friend Tanya over at Creative Endeavors.
She and I have recently become friends thanks to our mutual love of scrapbooking and blogging and I am finding that we have a lot in common!
How cool is that?
 
 
Thanks, Tanya for thinking of me!
 

 
 
 
Okay, so the official Sunshine Blogger Award rules are:
1. Include the award logo in blog post.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link back to them.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, that you have made up yourself.
4. Nominate 10-12 bloggers and contact them at their blog site to inform them.
 
 
 
 
 
Rule #1 and #2 were easy, but I struggled with #3!
The problem isn't that I don't think I'm interesting... cuz I am! LOL! It's more that the Q&A structure of it felt too much like a test and I am awful at tests.  So, as generally the case w/ me... I am going to accomplish the goal set out by "rule #3" but in another way.
Have you seen the segment in US Weekly called "25 Things You Don't Know About Me"? It's where celebrities share 25 things that the public doesn't know about them.  That's the format I'm going to follow, but I'll only be listing 10 things:
 
1.   My biggest fear is the dark. I have been afraid of the dark since I was a kid. Blue whales are a close second, but I don't generally run into blue whales in the course of my day.
 
2.   If I could go back in time to any era, I would go back to the days of Marilyn Monroe, when women with curves were considered sexy.
 
3.   My favorite gift ever is my GPS. (I'm directionally challenged). My hubby gave it to me for Christmas one year and I tell him that he didn't just give me a GPS but that he gave me the "world"!
 
4.   My best trait is my sense of humor! I am constantly making people laugh. My hubby says I have the "sense of humor of a man"...he meant it, and I take it, as a compliment.
 
5.   My favorite item of clothing is pajamas! If I don't have to leave my house... I am in pajamas!!
 
6.  I love nachos... I mean love, love them... like I want to "marry them" love them! LOL! But only w/ fake cheese, none of that shredded then melted stuff!
 
7.  I can't sleep with my bedroom door open...it freaks me out! Which causes friction w/ my hubby cause he can't sleep w/ it closed cuz he gets too hot.  We have compromised to have it "cracked"...a very little crack...just enought to let some air in (it still freaks me out though)!
 
8.   I have 2 major style pet peeves that send me over the edge: open-toed shoes w/ out polished toe nails and racer back tops w/ regular bras...they sell racer back bras for a reason! (Sorry if you do this, but if you do and I see you, know this...you're causing me anxiety!!!)
 
9.   I love to include movie quotes in my everyday speech. Some of my favs: "You're killing me, Smalls!", "Dishes are Done!", "Shut-Up, Richard!", and "You'll have to excuse my friend...he's a little slow..."
 
10.   I generally have no filter and say whatever is on my mind no matter what it is.  Sometimes that comes off as rude.  I understand this and as I get older I am trying really hard to work on it!
 
 
Now it's my turn to nominate some people...


My nominations:

Michelle: 3 Monkeys Throwing Around Some...Paper!
Lydia: Flock of Siegels
Darlene: Scrappy Go Lucky
Jade: Jades Addiction
Elizabeth: My Life...And All That Goes With It
Julie: Life with the Tucker-Wolek Clan
Linda: Love Fields
Pamala: Pam's Electic Stuff
Rebecca: My Cluttered Corner


If your able to play along...please do! It's fun getting to know everyone!
And check out everyone's blog as well! There are great ideas and inspiration on each!

TFSB!






 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. This was awesome!!! :) I'm so glad you played along! And YES, we have A LOT in common, even more so now that I know more about you!! :)

    I LIVE in my PJs!!! If I'm at home, or running an errand where I don't have to get out of the car, I'm in my PJs!!! :) You already know I love Marilyn Monroe, and nachos, LOL. I also have a Gutter Brain with a Potty Mouth to go with it. I could make a sailor blush. Or Andrew Dice Clay. Seriously. :)

    I just said this morning that I need to have 'more' tact, and my husband responded that I needed 'some' tact, because 'more' implied I had even a little to start with, LOL! :) My filter is way different than most people's ...

    I really enjoyed your post, I need to check out the blogs of those you awarded! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Your comment made me laugh! Your husband's comment had me cracking up! And it's nice to know I'm not the only one w/out a filter!!!!
      Do you watch Greys Anatomy? There is a character on there named "Amelia" and she is so much like me in the filter-dept it makes me laugh! Other characters on the show will tell her "filter" after she says something inappropriate... I get told that too! Hahahaha!

      Delete
    2. OOps ! I meant to say "Private Practice" not "Grey's Anatomy"!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of anyone being afraid of blue whales! Fascinating! What about other whales? Perfectly fine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... blue whales are the only whales that scare me... I can handle the "killer" whales just fine...
      I know... I'm a weirdo! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination :) I, too, am afraid of the dark, but I love scary movies...Not sure why I am afraid of the dark ha ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I have tried to add the follow button on my blog--Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. My blog hop challenge!!! Check out it at:
    http://3monkeysthrowingaroundsomepaper.blogspot.com/2012/10/sunshine-blog-hop.html
    Thanks for inviting me!
    I loved your answers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun list! A night in pajamas eating nachos sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading more about you... and thanks for gifting me with this award!!! My bday is coming up.... I might save it for that day :) And hehehehehehehe... my hubby says all the time.."Killing me smalls" .... lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this!! I do the same as you on #9, sometimes I think we could go a whole day just talking in movie quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the nomination! I am sorry I havent been able to play along yet, but life has gotten the better of me the last few weeks--just struggling to stay "Caught up". But it was fun getting to know you a bit! We too have a door issue--I like it cracked enough to hear the kids, DH likes it less cracked so less light comes in. And we too are often heard saying, "You're killing me Smalls" lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...